Tuesday, May 4, 2021
12 p.m. – 1 p.m. ET
How can districts design new schedules to expand learning time for students and accelerate learning? Panelists discussed reimagining the traditional school day through such strategies as partnerships with community-based organizations and community school approaches. They also discussed how high-quality expanded learning initiatives support students’ development of critical skills, as well as their social and emotional well-being, to complement learning that takes place during the typical school day. This webinar is the third of a five-part series focused on strategies to accelerate student learning and support recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mike Brophy, Superintendent, West Valley (WA) School District
- Peter Finch, Assistant Superintendent, West Valley (WA) School District
- Tara Kini, Chief of Staff and Director of State Policy, Learning Policy Institute (moderator)
- Jose Rivera, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, Grandview School District (WA)
- Marisa Saunders, Associate Director for Research, UCLA Center for Community Schooling·